The Air Force Group Y Exam is held by the Central Airmen Selection Board to recruit eligible and interested candidates for the position of Airmen. The recruitment process for Air Force Group Y consists of three stages: an online test, a physical fitness test, and a medical examination. Candidates planning to take the Air Force Group Y Exam should be familiar with the Air Force Group Y Syllabus in order to understand the breadth of topics and subjects they will need to study in order to pass the exam. Candidates should also be aware of the Air Force Group Y Exam Pattern in order to plan their preparation effectively.
Air Force Group Y Syllabus 2022
There are 20 questions in this section. The following are some of the topics on which questions are asked in this section:
- Transformation of Sentences: Compound, Complex, Simple, Negative, Affirmative, Comparative degree, Positive degree, Superlative degree etc
- Formation of words – Nouns from verbs and adjectives, Adjectives from nouns and verbs, Adverbs from adjectives etc
- Clauses – Noun clauses, Adverb clauses of condition and time and Relative clauses
- Synonyms and Synonyms in context
- Antonyms and Antonyms in context
- One word substitution
- Spelling pitfalls
- Simple Idioms/phrases
- How to select the right word for the sentence/words that are often confused
- Commands and requests
- Statements (Various tenses)
- Questions (Various forms of questions, tenses, etc.)
- Changes required under each tense
- Other conditions for transforming Active into Passive
- The Preposition
- Modal auxiliaries
Reasoning & General Awareness Syllabus
This section contains 30 questions. The following is a list of topics from which questions are asked in this section:
- Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal)
- Numerical series
- Distance and Direction sense Test
- Mathematical Operations
- Number, Ranking & Time Sequence Test
- Assign Artificial Values to Mathematical Digit
- Inserting Correct Mathematical sign
- Human relation
- Coding & Decoding
- Odd man out.
- Mutual relation problems
- Tallest, youngest relations
- Dictionary woods
- Non- Verbal reasoning
- Number coding
- Number Puzzle
- Ratio and Proportion
- LCM & HCF
- Profit and Loss
- Time, Distance and Speed
- Simplifications of Numbers.
- Area of triangle, Square and Rectangle
- Surface Area and Volume of Cuboids, Cylinder, Cone and Sphere
- Simple Trigonometry
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- General Science
- Current Events
- Basic Computer Operations
Air Force Group Y Syllabus: Exam Pattern
The recruitment process for Air Force Group Y is divided into three stages:
- Online Exam
- Medical Examination
- Physical Fitness Test
The following is the pattern for each of these stages:
The online test has negative marking, with 0.25 points deducted for each incorrect answer. The following is the format of the online test for the Air Force Group Y Exam:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning and General Awareness (RAGA)||30||30|
Physical Fitness Test
Candidates who pass the online test are required to take the Physical Fitness Test at the Airmen Selection Centre (ASC). The following are the specifics of the Physical Fitness Test:
- A 1.6-kilometre run must be completed in under six minutes and thirty seconds.
- To pass the Physical Fitness Test, candidates must also complete 10 pushups, 10 sit-ups, and 20 squats in the time allotted.
Candidates passing the Physical Fitness Test are given a medical appointment letter containing a specific date for their medical examination at the designated by the Medical Boarding Centre (MBC). The Air Force Medical Team will conduct the medical examination in accordance with IAF medical standards and policy. The baseline investigation of the following items would be included in the medical examination:
- Blood Haemogram – Hb, TLC, DLC
- Urine RE/ME
- Biochemistry: Blood Sugar Fasting & PP, Serum Cholesterol, Urea, Uric acid, Creatinine, LFT- Serum Bilirubin, SGOT, SGPT
- X-Ray Chest (PA view)
- ECG (R)
Airforce Group Y Syllabus: Preparation Tips
- Examine the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly. Also, look over the Air Force Group Y Previous Year Papers to get a sense of the types and patterns of questions that will be asked.
- Make sure you understand the fundamental concepts by consulting the NCERT books.
- Candidates can also use the Air Force Group Y Model Papers to get a sense of the types of questions that will be asked during the recruitment process.
- To self-evaluate and estimate your exam preparation, take as many Mock Tests, Test Series, Exercises, and so on as possible.
- Check GK & Current Affairs regularly to stay updated on the latest news and events.
Airforce Group Y Syllabus: Best Books
Here are a few of the Air Force Group Y Books to look over while studying for the exam. It also includes practice sets, exercises, and solved test papers. These books can be found in nearby stationery stores or on e-commerce websites.
|Indian Air Force Airman Group ‘Y’ 2021||Arihant Publishers||More than 3000 McqsSolved Model Paper 3 Practice Papers|
|Indian Air Force Airmen Group ‘Y’ (Non-technical Trades) Complete Guidebook With Practice Sets + Solved Papers Book In Hindi Paperback||Agrawal Examcart Experts||Complete guidance for the online examPractice Sets Solved Papers|
|Wren & Martin’s English Grammar & Composition (High School Level)||S. Chand||Explanation of basic concepts A collection of practice papersSolved Question Papers|
Airforce Group Y: Eligibility Criteria
|Age||Minimum Age – 18 yearsMaximum Age – 21 years|
|Nationality||Indian / Nepalese|
|Number of Attempts||Until he qualifies the eligibility criteria|
|Important Points||Aspirants can only apply if they are unmarried.|
Students who are 21 years old and willing to apply for the Air Force Group Y Recruitment are eligible.
- Minimum Age – 18 years
- Maximum Age – 21 years
- Must have passed a Higher Secondary (10+2) Equivalent Examination in any stream/subjects approved by Central / State Education Boards listed as COBSE members with a minimum of 50% overall and 50% in English.
- Passed a two-year vocational course from a COBSE member Education Board with a minimum of 50% in aggregate and 50% in English in the vocational course or Intermediate/Matriculation if English is not a subject in the vocational course.
Group Y Medical Assistant Trade Only
Passed a 10+2/Intermediate/equivalent exam in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English with a minimum of 50% in aggregate and 50% in English from a COBSE member Educational Board.
Candidates from India or Nepal who are willing to work and have the necessary documents are eligible. Other nationalities, besides Indian and Nepalese, will not be rejected or excluded from the recruitment process.
Air Force Group Y Syllabus: Number of Attempts
There’s no word on how many attempts there will be for the Air Force Group Y recruitment. Aspirants who meet the eligibility requirements can apply for this position. Multiple applications from the same applicant, on the other hand, will be rejected.
Air Force Group Y Syllabus: Experience Requirements
This recruitment is open to applicants with no prior experience/freshers. There are no specifics in the official recruitment announcement about this.
Q1. What are the topics on which questions in the Air Force Group Y Syllabus are based?
English, Reasoning, and General Awareness are the subjects from which questions are asked in the Air Force Group Y Exam.
Q2. How many stages are there in the recruitment process for Air Force Group Y?
The Air Force Group Y Recruitment Process has three stages: an online test, a physical fitness test, and a medical examination.
Q3. How long does the Air Force Group Y Exam last?
The Air Force Group Y Exam is 45 minutes long.
Q4. In the Air Force Group Y Exam, how many questions are asked?
The Air Force Group Y Exam has a total of 100 questions.
Q5. What is the minimum age requirement for recruitment into Air Force Group Y in 2022?
Air Force Group Y is open to applicants over the age of 18.
Q6. What is the maximum age limit for recruitment into Air Force Group Y in 2022?
Air Force Group Y accepts applicants under the age of 21.
Q7. How do I check the result of Air Force Group Y?
Candidates must follow the steps outlined here to check the Air Force Group Y Result. To check results, a candidate must have an active internet connection and a smartphone or computer. We’ve included all of the links here for the candidates’ convenience, so they won’t have to go to any third-party websites.
- To begin, go to the Airmen Selection Board’s website.
- Airmenselection.cdac.in is the website.
- Then, in the menu, click login under the candidate’s tab.
- Now, on the screen, enter your email address, password, and security code.
- To sign in, click the Sign-in button.
- You can check your results at the bottom of the login page.
Do you want to join Airforce Group Y? We hope this article helped you be up-to-date on Air Force Group Y Syllabus and Exam Pattern.