We all have heard about the booster dose for a long time, now the wait is over. All the Indian citizens, who are eligible i.e. those people who have already taken the first and second vaccine dose for the third dose of vaccination can register themselves via the verify.cowin .gov. on the website and get the booster dose or third dose. The third dose of vaccine can be most beneficial to the health workers, and it should be as they were and are the only ones who didn’t take their foot off the gas during this unfortunate pandemic.
The Registration for Booster Vaccine has already been started in India from 10th January 2022 (Monday), as we all are aware that not only India, but the world is in fear of the deadly COVID-19 variant “Omicron”, the Indian government has started the application for the Booster Vaccine Registration or third dose of vaccine. The registration process for the third vaccine i.e booster dose has started.
All of you should know that frontline workers like health care workers, sanitary workers, etc., and seniors can only get the booster dose in one condition i.e. they should have received the first two doses of covid-19 vaccines, and the required time duration to get booster dose is 9 months/39 weeks after the date of the second dose of vaccine. Those who have already registered for pre-vaccination will find an option of ‘Precaution Dose’ in their dashboard.
Booster Vaccine Registration 2022
For all the eligible citizens who have taken the first and second dose of vaccination, new registration for registering for the booster dose is not required. You can simply sign up by using your old account which you used for the first and second dose.
Also, the Government of India has started vaccinations for children who are between the age of 15 and 17 years. Those who lie between this age range can register themselves for the vaccine in the Cowin portal.
How to register?
A step by step procedure is given to make it easy for all of you, simply go through the steps and follow them carefully:
- In order to get registered for the Booster Dose Of Vaccine. The first and important step is to visit the official web portal of Cowin i.e. cowin.gov.in.
- Now, you will find an option of “Register/Sign in” on the home page of the Cowin portal. You have to Tap on that option.
- After you select the option you will be redirected to a new webpage wherein you will have to enter your old registration credentials such as the mobile number and after entering the mobile number, tap on the GET OTP option.
- A new webpage will get open and also, you will receive a six-digit One Time Password; now on the new page you will find a text box, you just have to enter the OTP in that text box and select the option given as ” Verify and Proceed”.
- Now, a new web page will appear i.e, Cowin web portal dashboard, where you will see an option named “Precaution Dose” and by clicking on it, you can book your booster shot.
- When your booster shot will be booked, you will get information such as the time, date, and address of the vaccination center where you will have to visit on the due date to get the booster shot.
Note: After successfully taking the precaution/booster dose, you can download the vaccination certificate from the same web portal.
Overview of a Booster dose
1. Country: India.
2.Vaccine: COVID-19 Vaccine.
3. Vaccine Name: Covishield&Covaxin
4. Booster Dose Known as Precaution Dose.
5.Eligible Citizens: Older citizens and frontline workers (healthcare workers, nurses, doctors, etc.).
6.Eligibility: There must have been 39 weeks or 9 months since the second dose of vaccination.
7. Registration: Not Required (Eligible candidates can apply).
8. Start date of Booster or precaution dose (3rd Dose):10 December 2021.
9. From where to register: Cowin Portal.
10. Objective of Behind 3rd Dose: To improve Immunity.
11. Launched by: Ministry of Health & Family welfare.
12.Official Portal: Cowin(cowin.gov.in).
Covaxin or Covishield as booster(precautionary) dose?
As the government has already said, the booster COVID-19 vaccine dose will be the same vaccine that was taken by the person previously in the first two doses of the covid-19 vaccine. Therefore, if a person has been jabbed with two doses of Covishield, then they will be given the third dose of the Covishield vaccine only. And if someone has taken shots of Covaxin, then they will be given the third shot also of the same vaccine.
“Precautionary COVID-19 vaccine shot will be the same vaccine which has been given previously. Those who have received Covaxin must receive Covaxin, those who have received primary two doses of Covishield will receive Covishield,” NITI Aayog member (Health) Dr. V K Paul said.
The eligible citizens who have already been jabbed with two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine can directly take an appointment online for a booster dose or they can even directly walk into any vaccination center and get jabbed.
Why should you take a booster vaccine?
People over 40 years of age who are having problems such as hypertension, diabetes are likely to have fewer antibodies after six months of the second dose of covid vaccination, this fact was revealed by the study conducted by the AIG hospitals and Asian Health Care Foundation on Vaccine immunity. Therefore these people can be at a higher risk of the Covid-19 virus and they must take the booster vaccine as per the government norms.
Precautions you should take after vaccination
Below given are some Dos and Donts which you can follow after having your vaccination dose:
- You must drink a lot of water, you should stay hydrated both before and after getting jabbed. If you are properly hydrated then it may reduce the intensity of side effects of the vaccination such as fatigue, headache, fever, and muscle pain.
- Eating a well-balanced diet is very essential to avoid serious side effects of the jab. Foods that are highly rich in nutrients like green vegetables, garlic, and turmeric should be included in your diet. And also you can add seasonal fruits which are rich in Vitamin C.
- Sleep is very important, you should at least get a sleep of 7 to 8 hours when you get vaccinated. As the body depends on immune responses to built protection, therefore it is recommended that vaccinated people should at least sleep for 7 to 8 hours. If you will not get enough sleep it might make suffer from stress and fatigue.
- You should continue covid appropriate behavior even if you are vaccinated. Wash your hands regularly, wear a mask, maintain physical distance and also avoid heavily crowded places.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol, although there is no approved scientific research that briefs the effect of alcohol or tobacco on vaccination, still it is advisable to avoid tobacco and alcohol consumption. It may increase the side effects of the vaccine making you feel unpleasant.
- Do not avoid following covid appropriate behavior, because the vaccine is just a shield which helps you fight covid by making antibodies in your body, so it is possible to get infected even if you are vaccinated, Therefore you should follow covid appropriate behavior like wearing masks, maintaining social distancing, sanitization, and all the other norms.
- You should not delay consulting your doctor if you are feeling symptoms of covid-19 even after taking the vaccine. Also, if you have severe side effects of the vaccine it is advisable to consult your doctor.
- Avoid heavy physical activity for at least 3-4 days post-vaccination.
- You can apply a cool, clean, and wet cloth over your arm post-vaccination which may reduce the pain.
In the above article, we have given the detailed overview of the booster shot for the Covid-19 vaccination. The eligibility criteria, dates, how to get an appointment all such details are mentioned in the article. After, going through the article you will surely get all the ideas about the precautionary dose of the covid-19 vaccine. Also, the article states the importance of booster dose and the precautions which you should take post covid vaccination. It is advisable that if you have been jabbed with the first two doses of the covid-19 vaccine, then you should get your booster shot asap.