The OASIS Scholarship 2022 scheme was launched by the West Bengal Tribal Development Department and the Arrears Welfare Department to help SC, ST, and OBC students continue their education. Only West Bengal residents are eligible for this scholarship program. This blog post will provide you with all of the information you need about the Oasis scholarship program, including who is eligible, how to apply, the deadline, how to check your status, and how to renew your scholarship, among other things.
Oasis Scholarship 2022
The Oasis Scholarship is a West Bengal government-sponsored pre- and post-matric scholarship program for reserved-category students. Under the Oasis scholarship 2022, there are primarily four categories:
- Oasis Pre-matric scholarship for SC students
- Oasis Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students
- Oasis Post-Matric Scholarship for SC and ST Students
- Oasis Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students.
|Name of the Scholarship||Oasis Scholarship 2022|
|Name of the Authority||Backward Classes Welfare Department from the Government of West Bengal State|
|Beneficiary||Students falling under the backward categories|
|Aim for the Scholarship||Monthly incentive to the beneficiaries|
|Last Date to Apply||15th Feb 2022|
|Application Fee||Rs. 1200|
|Name of the Scholarship||Application Date|
|Oasis Pre-matric scholarship for SC students||15th Feb 2022|
|Oasis Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students||15th Feb 2022|
|Oasis Post-Matric Scholarship for SC and ST Students||15th Feb 2022|
|Oasis Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students||15th Feb 2022|
Oasis Scholarship 2022 for SC/ST/OBC Students
Through the Oasis Scholarship Portal, which is run by the Backward Classes Welfare Department and the tribal development department, the Government of West Bengal offers pre-matric and post-matric scholarships to SC/ST/OBC students in West Bengal. The Oasis Scholarship 2022 aims to provide financial assistance to deserving students from the SC/ST/OBC categories who are economically disadvantaged. Students can apply for one of two types of scholarship schemes offered by Oasis Scholarship 2022.
Pre-matric Scholarship For SC/ST Students
This Oasis scholarship is for students who are from the SC/ST community and are currently in grades 9 and 10. Under this scholarship, the selected scholar can receive a total of INR 1,150 to INR 7,500 per year.
Post-matric Scholarship For SC/ST/OBC Students
This scholarship is for students who belong to the SC/ST/OBC communities and are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs (class 11 or 12 class, ITI, Polytechnic, Medical, Engineering, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree, M.Phil, P.hD, LLB, B.Pharm, B. Sc Nursing, Hotel Management). Under this scholarship, the selected scholar can receive a total of INR 2,300 to INR 12,000 per year.
Eligibility Criteria For SC/ST/OBC Online Application
Only students from the SC, ST, or OBC categories are eligible for this scholarship, and applicants must be permanent residents of West Bengal. The scheme will benefit an applicant who meets the following criteria.
|Name of the Scholarship||Eligibility Criteria|
|Oasis Pre-matric scholarship for SC students||You must be in grades 9 and 10 and a member of the SC category. From all sources, the family’s/annual guardian’s income should not exceed 2 lakh INR.|
|Oasis Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students||A student must fall under the ST classification. Students in grades 9 and 10 are eligible to apply. From all sources of income, the family’s or guardian’s annual income should not exceed INR 2 lakh.|
|Oasis Post-Matric Scholarship for SC and ST Students||The student must be enrolled in a post-secondary or post-matriculation program and be a member of the SC/ST community. From all sources of income, the annual income of parents or guardians should not exceed 2.5 lakh INR.|
|Oasis Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students||The student must be a post-secondary student who falls into the OBC category. The family’s or guardian’s annual income from all sources should not exceed INR 1 lakh.|
Benefits Provided By The Oasis Scholarship
Students in the Reserved Category will receive monetary benefits as part of the OASIS government scholarships program, allowing them to continue their pre-matric and post-matric training without having to worry about money.
|Name of the Scholarship||Benefits|
|Oasis Pre-matric scholarship for SC and ST students||Day Scholars: Rs. 150 for each month. The Ad Hoc Grant included Rs. 750 per annum.|
Hostellers: Rs. 750 pfor each month. The Ad Hoc Grant included Rs. 1000 per annum.
|Oasis Post-Matric Scholarship for SC and ST Students||For Students in Medical, Engineering, B.Sc in Agri, M.Phil, Ph.D., and LLM Streams: Rs. 550(1200 pm for Hostellers) per month as Maintenance Allowance with Rs. 550(1200 pm for Hostellers) per month. For Students in B.Sc in Nursing, B.Pharm, Hotel management, and Post Graduate Streams: Rs. 530(820 pm for Hostellers) per month.|
For Students in any Regular Course up to Graduate Level: Rs. 300(750 pm for Hostellers) per month.
For Students in Class 11, 12, Polytechnic, and ITI Streams: Rs. 230(750 pm for Hostellers) Per Month.
|Oasis Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students||For Students in Medical, Engineering, B.Sc in Agri, M.Phil, Ph.D., and LLM Streams: Rs. 350(750 pm for Hostellers) per month as Maintenance Allowance + Rs. 350(750 pm for Hostellers) per month. |
For Students in B.Sc in Nursing, B.Pharm, Hotel management, and Post Graduate Streams: Rs. 335(510 pm for Hostellers) per month. For Students in any Regular Course up to Graduate Level: Rs. 210(400 pm for Hostellers) per month. For Stuents in Class 11, 12, Polytechnic, and ITI Streams: Rs. 160(260 pm for Hostellers) Per month.
Documents Required For SC/ST/OBC Online Application
- Domicile Certificate from West Bengal.
- Caste certificate, birth certificate, and income certificate are all required documents.
- Aadhar Card Or Any Other Form Of Government-issued Identification
- Proof of Address
- Candidate’s Photo (Passport Size)
- Previous Qualifying Examination Mark Sheet
- Bank Passbook with Beneficiary Name
- Bank Name
- IFSC Code
- Account Number
How To Apply: A Step By Step Guide
The OASIS Scholarship 2022 application will be completed on the online website. Follow the steps outlined below.
Step 1: New Registration For Oasis Scholarship 2022
- Visit oasis.gov.in for the official OASIS Scholarship Application Portal.
- On that website, click the “Student Registration” link.
- Select the District in which your Institution is located from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your name, your father’s name, and the number of your computerised caste certificate (a manual certificate will not suffice). Then press the ” Submit ” button.
- On this page, update your Date of Birth, Sub-Caste, Current Institution Name, Phone Number, and Email, as well as upload a scanned photograph. To finish your OASIS Scholarship Registration, submit this page.
- You can now download and print a computer-generated Acknowledgement Slip.
Step 2: Logging In To The OASIS Scholarship Portal
- Return to www.oasis.gov.in and select the ” REGISTERED STUDENT’S LOGIN ” link.
- Fill in your User ID and Password. Select ” Login ” from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Fill Out The Application Form
- You must then complete the remaining steps on the application form after successfully logging in.
- Fill in all of the required information by clicking the ” Further Details ” button.
- Now enter the information for the bank account where you will receive the scholarship funds (bank name, account number, and IFSC code).
- Then select ” Verify and Lock ” from the drop-down menu.
- Download the PDF and print it out by clicking on the ” Print Application ” button.
Step 4: Submitting The Form
- Now, sign the printed Application Form and include the following documents:
- On the Application Form, paste a stamp-size photograph.
- Copy of Caste Certificate with Attestation.
- Copy of the last examination’s mark sheet that has been attested.
- A copy of the first page of a bank passbook has been made.
- You must submit the application form to your concerned BDO Office after completing all of the OASIS Scholarship 2021 steps (for Block Area). DWO / DWO / DWO / DWO / DWO / DWO (for Municipality and Corporation area).
Steps To Renew Oasis Scholarship
Applicants can renew their scholarship by entering their login information, which includes their username and password. The renewal procedure is identical to that of the initial application. Follow the instructions below:
Step 1: To begin, go to oasis.gov.in, which is the website for the Oasis scholarship.
Step 2: After that, select Renew Scholarship from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Then, after entering the Login Id and Password, as well as the given Captcha, click the Login button.
Step 4: Now Here you will find a copy of your application from the previous year. You can change it to meet whatever your needs are. You must click on the link to renew your application.
Step 5: After you’ve made all of the necessary changes, click the Renew and Lock Application link. Remember that once you’ve locked an application, you won’t be able to change it. As a result, go through all of the information again before locking it.
Step 6: Finally, complete all of the steps, attach the required documents, and click the Submit button.
Oasis Scholarship Status Check
Students can check the status of their Oasis scholarship on the official website of Oasis, oasis.gov.in, after completing the Oasis scholarship form or after renewing it. Follow the guide below to check the status of the Oasis scholarship 2022:
Step 1: To begin, go to oasis.gov.in, which is the Oasis website.
Step 2: After that, go to the link that says “Track an application.”
Step 3: After that, enter your login credentials and click the Check Status link.
We’ve gone through everything you need to know about the Oasis scholarship 2022 scheme in this post. If you still can’t go through the process of application and need help, you can go to the official website or call this helpline number: +91-8420023311.