All the candidates who are willing to apply for SBI Clerk 2021 exam, must go through the SBI Clerk eligibility criteria 2021 given below in detail. Candidates need to fullfill the nationality criteria, age limit criteria along educational qualification to apply for SBI Clerk 2021 exam.
However, the SBI Clerk eligibility details are similar and no changes are released under the SBI Clerk Notification 2021. Therefore, candidates whoever fulfills the SBI Clerk eligibility can start their preparations from now.
The following are the primary qualifications applicants must fulfil to take the test.
The maximum age limit must be 28, whereas the minimum age can be 20 years.
The candidate needs to be an Indian citizen.
The candidates must be a graduate of any recognised university.
SBI Clerk 2021 – Age Limit
The applicant’s age must be 20 years old to apply online for the SBI clerk position. As of April 1, 2021, the maximum age limit fixed by the regulating body is 28 years. For those from reserved categories, there are higher age allowances available.
The age relaxation criteria allow specific groupings to be formed. The table below displays the complete information about them.
Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Person with Disabilities (PWD)
Domiciled Persons in Jammu and Kashmir from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989
Widows/ divorced women/ judicially separated from their husbands who are not remarried (General, SC/ST, OBC)
7 years ( 35 years, 40 years,38 years)
Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-servicemen
Period of service rendered in defence service + 3 years
- Candidates who want to unwind must submit the following documents and certificates with their applications. The governing body will not accept any changes in category after registration.
SBI Clerk Reservation 2021
The following are the category-specific reservations for SBI Clerk 2021 exam.
DXS (Disabled Ex-Servicemen)
- All of the values listed above are approximations that can vary depending on the exam administering body’s discretion.
- Candidates certified as having a physical disability of 40% or more are eligible for the scribe service.
- Non-creamy layer candidates must check the box for OBC and make a reservation, which is described above. Other OBC hopefuls should fill out the application form as “General.”
- To be eligible for the reservation mentioned above, candidates must produce certificates of the reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC – Non-Creamy Layer/PWD) for which they are applying.
- Candidates must submit an Income and Asset Certificate from the Government of India to receive the EWS quota.
- Candidates selected for the SBI are not permitted to take the test.
- Candidates who do not qualify for the examination based on their CIBIL score or other credit assessment should also be excluded.
SBI Clerk 2021 – Educational Qualification
There are specific educational requirements that all candidates must meet. The following is a detailed description of them.
- The aspirants must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution in any discipline or equivalent qualification from a Central Government-recognized institution. In the scorecard or certificate, the date of passing should be shown.
- Candidates who hold an IDD certificate must ensure that the passing date is specified and conforms to SBI Clerk’s notification.
- Candidates in their final year or semester may apply on a provisional basis. If they are selected, they must provide proof of their passing, and the notification’s date must be correct.
- Candidates must have received at least 50% in their tenth boards from a recognised board.
- In the case of enrolling ex-service personnel, applicants should have the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or an equivalent in the Air Force or Navy with at least 15 years of service in the Indian Armed Forces.
- At least 50% of the grades for their 10th boards must have been achieved from a recognised board.
- Candidates must have obtained a pass percentage of 50% or better in their Secondary and Higher Secondary levels.
- To be chosen as an SBI Clerk, applicants must be fluent in official and local languages.
- The SBI Clerk requires a fundamental understanding of computers to apply.
- According to the official notification, candidates with a dual degree notify the completion date given in their application form.
- In returning ex-servicemen, they should have an Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or a similar qualification from the Air Force or Navy with 15 years of service in the Indian Armed Forces.
SBI Clerk 2021 – Nationality
Candidates must satisfy the Nationality requirements established by the conducting authority to take the SBI Clerk 2021 exam. The candidates must be Indian nationals to sit for the SBI Clerk examination. If an error is detected, the candidate’s application will be revoked. Candidates who are citizens of Bhutan, Nepal, or Bangladesh and have a valid certificate to show their intent to settle permanently in India are also permitted to apply for the examination.
Candidates must have a valid certificate issued by the Government of India in their name. As a result, applicants must verify citizenship and other eligibility criteria before applying for the SBI Clerk examination.
Who isn’t eligible to appear for SBI Clerk 2021?
- Candidates who have received an unfavourable character report or any other connected problem
- Those who have previously worked with SBI as a clerical or officer may apply.
- Candidates that have already worked as a clerk or officer at SBI
- Candidates with a CIBIL score of zero or less are not eligible.
Total Number of Attempts
Notably, the State Bank of India has no set limit on the maximum number of times a candidate may take the examination. The candidates are free to sit for the exam as many times as they choose, and they may apply for the SBI Clerk recruitment process to fulfil the specified entry requirements and age limit. It is critical to try again if you do not achieve in the first attempt, work harder, and practice to succeed on the next shot.
SBI Clerk Eligibility Reservation for PWD, Ex/Disabled Servicemen
- The OBC aspirants from the non-creamy layer are eligible for reservations. It is also necessary to produce an OBC certificate, which confirms that they belong to the “non-creamy” layer and includes their OBC certificate.
- There is a four-night minimum stay required for the EWS category, and they must submit an Income and Asset Certificate issued by the Indian government.
- Candidates who live in a district with a PWD population must present the medical disability certificate from their home district.
- What is the age limit to apply for the SBI Clerk exam?
The age limit for SBI Clerk is 20-28 years.
- 12 pass candidates can apply for SBI Clerk?
Minimum graduation is required to be eligible for SBI Clerk.
- Is a B.Tech student eligible for SBI Clerk 2021 Exam?
Yes, B.Tech students are eligible to apply for the SBI Clerk 2021 exam.
- Can a final year student apply for the SBI Clerk 2021 Exam?
A final year student is eligible for the SBI clerk exam but on the condition of passing the graduation as on 16th August 2021.
The above mentioned are the eligibility criteria for the candidates who are willing to apply for the SBI clerk examination 2021. Once a candidate is eligible for the exam, then proceed for further process and start preparing for the exam.