IBPS SO examination is held every year by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). IBPS SO (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Specialist Officer Exam) is conducted every year to select several Scale I officers in public sector banks. The IBPS has the Common Written Examination (CWE). The institution hires officers and clerks through the CWE.
IBPS SO (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Specialist Officer) has recently released the official notification of IBPS SO recruitment for 1800+ vacancies. The aspirants willing to give the exam can refer to the official website of IBPS, to begin with their application process. IBPS will appoint 1828 Specialist Officers (SO) for 2022-23 through this recruitment drive. Online registration for IBPS SO 2022-23 will start in 1st Week of November 2022
- The IBPS SO exam is conducted to recruit specialist officers in various public sector banks under IBPS.
- IBPS SO Exam is conducted for recruiting candidates for the posts of Agricultural Field Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law Officer, IT Officer, HR/ Personnel Officer, and Marketing Officer.
- The exam is conducted through 3 stages – Prelims, Main Exam, and Interview round. The complete form of IBPS SO is Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Specialist Officer.
IBPS SO 2022-23 Exam Highlights
The key highlights regarding the IBPS SO 2022-23 exam are mentioned below:
|Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
IBPS SO full form
|Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Specialist Officer|
|Mode of IBPS SO||Online (computer-based test)|
|Duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Eligibility||Graduation in a specific stream depending on the post|
|IBPS SO 2021-22 Participating Institutes||IDBI Bank, Union Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Central Bank of India, etc.|
|Exam date||December 2022|
IBPS SO 2022-23 Exam Dates
Check all the essential details for the IBPS SO notification 2022 given below in the table:
|Exam||IBPS SO exam date 2022|
|IBPS SO notification release||To be announced|
|IBPS SO Online Application Starts||1st Week of November 2022|
|IBPS SO Application Ends||Last Week of November 2022|
|IBPS SO Prelims||Last Week of December 2022|
|IBPS SO Mains Exam||Last Week of January 2023|
|Interview Date||February 2023|
Steps to fill IBPS SO Application Form?
Students can go through the following guidelines to apply for IBPS SO 2022 exam.
- IBPS SO Registration
- Visit the official website of IBPS SO, i.e. ibps.in, to apply for the exam.
- Select the option of ‘Click here for New Registration’.
- The registration form for creating the User Profile will appear.
- Fill in general details like name, date of birth and contact details- valid email ID and mobile number.
- Click on ‘Register’.
- A Provisional Registration Number and Password will appear on the screen.
- Applicants will also receive an email and SMS on their registered email ID and a mobile number indicating the same.
- Fill IBPS SO Application Form.
- Log in using these credentials to proceed with the IBPS SO application process.
- Candidates will have to provide personal contact details and details about their academic qualification, work experience, preference exam centre, etc.
- Then, they will have to upload scanned images of their recent photograph, signature, thumb impression and handwritten declaration as per the specifications given on the screen.
- After carefully going through all the details, click on ‘Final Submit’ to pay the application fees.
- Payment of Application Fees
- It is the last step for completing the application process. Aspirants have to remit the requisite application fees by different online modes.
- Candidates can pay the fees using a Credit/ Debit card, Net banking, Cash Card & Wallet and IMPS.
- They must enter the essential payment details on the bank page that appears and save the e-receipt of the online transaction as proof of payment.
IBPS SO 2022 Application Fee
- A candidate must pay INR 600 (General, OBC and EWS) as an application fee for the IBPS SO 2022 exam and INR 100 for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-servicemen category.
IBPS SO Eligibility
Applicants must fulfil the eligibility requirements before applying for the recruitment exam. The various criteria are as stated below:
IBPS SO: Nationality
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- A resident of Bhutan or Nepal.
- A refugee from Tibet( who has migrated and intends to stay in India permanently).
- People of Indian origin have migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Myanmar and East African countries to settle in India permanently.
IBPS SO: IBPS SO Age Limit
- The applicant’s age must range from 20 to 30
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per category and is given in the table below
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|An individual domiciled in J&K during the period January 1, 1980, and December 31, 1989|
|A person affected by the 1984 riots||5 years|
IBPS SO: Educational Qualification Requirements
Academic qualification for various posts is as given below:
IT Officer (Scale I):
- Candidates should have an engineering or technology Degree in Computer Science/ Applications, IT, Electronics, Electronics & Telecommunications, Electronics & Communication or Electronics & Instrumentation; Or
- Aspirants having a PG degree in the following fields are also eligible; Or
- A graduate who has passed DOEACC ‘B’ level can also apply for IBPS SO 2021
- Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I): Aspirants should have a 4-year degree (graduation) in Agriculture, Horticulture, Food Technology, Agricultural Engineering or any other related field to apply for this post.
Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I):
- Individuals having a PG degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the graduation level or a PG degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as subjects at the graduation level are Eligible for IBPS SO 2022.
Law Officer (Scale I):
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) and should be enrolled as advocates with the Bar Council.
HR/ Personnel Officer (Scale I):
- A graduate with 2-years full-time PG degree or diploma in Personnel Management, Industrial Relations, HR, HRD, Social Work or Labour Law can apply for this post.
Marketing Officer (Scale I):
- Aspirants should have a 2-year full-time degree in MMS (Marketing), MBA (Marketing), PGDBA, PGDBM, PGPM or PGDM with specialisation in Marketing.
IBPS SO 2022 Admit Card
IBPS will release the admit card of the IBPS SO 2022 examination for the successfully registered candidates. Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website of IBPS. Steps to download IBPS SO 2022 Admit Card are given below:
- Log on to the official website of IBPS SO 2022.
- Login using the Registration Number and Password.
- Applicants will see a ‘Download Admit Card’ link on their profile. Click on that link.
- Admit cards will appear in a new tab. Go through all the details and print out one coloured copy.
IBPS SO FAQs
Ques: How many attempts are allowed for IBPS SO examination?
Ans: The number of attempts allowed for IBPS SO for General candidates is six. However, no such restrictions exist for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.
Ques: Which of IBPS SO and IBPS PO pays more?
Ans: In 2018, the salary for IBPS SO was INR 29,000-30,700, and that of IBPS PO was INR 36000-38000. So, IBPS PO pays more.
Ques: What is the eligibility for IBPS SO examination?
Ans: Candidates appearing for IBPS SO have to be Indian citizens, between 20-30 years, and a graduate from a recognised university/institute.
Ques: Is the job for IBPS SO permanent?
Ans: After selecting the job, the candidates have to be on a probation period of six months. After that, they are considered permanent employees.
By now, you must have surfed through all these details before applying to the IBPS SO examination. Best of luck!