The Indian Bank PO exam is a national-level recruiting exam held every year by the Indian Bank. It serves as a portal for hopefuls to apply for the Probationary Officer position offered by the bank’s branches.
The official site of Indian Bank, indianbank.in, is likely to publish the announcement and vacancies for PO 2022 soon. Individuals must have a graduating degree in any stream from a recognized institute/university with a minimum of 60% (55 % for reserved category) to meet the minimum eligibility requirements of the recruitment test. This article contains the application procedure and additional Indian Bank PO 2022 updates.
Indian Bank PO 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||Indian Bank PO (Probationary Officer) 2022|
|Conducting Body||Indian Bank|
|Exam Type||National Level Examination|
|Exam Date||October 2022 (Tentative)|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must have a degree of graduation with minimum 60% marks|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test (Online)|
|Number of vacancies||It will be updated soon|
Indian Bank PO 2022 Exam Dates
The suggested schedule for Indian Bank PO 2022 is listed below. Important dates for the recruitment process will be available on the bank’s official website and updated here as soon as possible.
|Indian Bank PO 2022 Notification||August 2022|
|Indian Bank PO Admit card/ Call Letter for Prelims will be available from||September 2022|
|Indian Bank PO 2022 Prelim Exam date||October 2022|
|Prelim Result will be declared within||November 2022|
|Indian Bank PO 2022 Main Exam date||November/ December 2022|
Indian Bank PO 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The conducting board has established eligibility criteria for Indian Bank PO 2022. Before applying for the recruiting test, participants should meet the minimum qualifying requirements. The following are the test’s eligibility requirements:
Individuals from the following nationalities are eligible to apply for the Indian Bank PO 2022 exam:
· Nationality of India
· Bhutanese or Nepalese national
· A Tibetan refugee who has relocated to India intending to stay permanently
· People of Indian descent plan to live in India after migrating from Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and East African countries.
· General category, the age limit is 20-28 years.
· Age relaxation will be available for reserved categories according to government standards, as shown in the table below.
Upper age relaxation
- OBC -3 years
- SC/ ST -5 years
- PwD -10 years (additional if from reserved category)
· Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central government.
· Those taking their qualifying degree’s final test can also submit the required paperwork during the last recruitment round.
Indian Bank PO 2022 Application Form
Individuals interested in applying for the numerous positions at Indian Bank PO 2022 can only do so online. The application process for Indian Bank PO 2022 may begin in August 2022. In the application form, candidates must enter personal information and academic qualifications. The online registration and application process for Indian Bank PO 2022 includes three steps, provided below:
· Fill out the required information to create a login account for a user.
· Fill out the Indian Bank PO 2022 application form and attach the necessary documentation.
· Online payment of the application fee
How to fill Indian Bank PO 2022 Application Form Online?
Aspirants can apply for the national bank recruitment exam online by following the methods outlined below:
1. Registering is the first step:
· Go to Indian Bank’s main website, indianbank.in
· Under the Career tab, select ‘PGDBF Program.’ Go to the ‘Apply Online for PO- Onboarding’ option to begin the registration procedure.
· Applicants must provide basic information such as their name, phone number, and email address. Scrutinize these details before clicking ‘Register.’
· They will be given a provisional Registration Number and Password after a successful registration. Candidate credentials are sent to their registered cellphone number and email address by email and SMS.
2. Filling out the application form is the second step.
· To access their user accounts, participants must use the Registration Number and Password generated by the system.
· They must provide personal, communication, and educational information.
· Aspirants must upload scanned photos of their recent passport-size photograph and signature following the form’s instructions.
· Individuals can receive a preview of their application form after filling out all required fields. Check all the details, make necessary changes, then click ‘Save & Next.’
3. Paying the Fee is the third step.
· The next step is to pay the application fee for Indian Bank PO 2022.
· Only the online mode is available for payment.
· Applicants should print a copy of the transaction’s e-receipt and save it in their files.
Individuals must pay the application fees for Indian Bank PO 2022. Only the online mode is capable of rendering it. You can pay your fees online using the following methods:
· Net Banking or a debit/credit card.
· Mobile Wallet/Cash Cards
The following are the application fees for Indian Bank PO 2022 in various categories:
- General – INR 600
- SC/ ST/ PwD – INR 100
The Indian Bank will hold a Pre-Examination Training for individuals from the SC/ ST/ PwD and other minority communities at various locations. All qualified persons who wish to participate in Pre-Examination Training should include this in their application. The training will be free, but applicants must cover their travel, lodging, and meal expenses.
Indian Bank PO 2022 Admit Card
The admit card for Indian Bank PO 2022 will be issued two weeks before the exam. Candidates should download their call letters within the time limit. The candidates get the update via email and SMS when the call letters are available. To be eligible to take the recruiting exam, each applicant must copy the call letter. The following are the steps to obtain an Indian Bank PO 2022, Admit Card:
· Go to Indian Bank’s official website and click on the ‘Download Indian Bank PO 2022 Call Letter’ link.
· Click ‘Submit’ after entering the Registration Number, Password/Date of Birth, and security code.
· On the screen, the admit card for the PO will show.
· Print two copies of it after downloading it.
The Indian Bank PO 2022 conducts exams in several cities across India. In the application form, candidates must select their chosen exam center. The exam conducting authority provides candidates final exam location in the call letter.
Indian Bank PO 2022 Exam Pattern
The Indian Bank PO 2022 exam has three stages: preliminary, mains, and interview. Here are some key points to remember regarding the exam format:
· The preliminary exam for Indian Bank PO 2022 will be an online test.
· The test will consist of 100 objective-type questions with a time limit of one hour.
· There will be three areas to the question paper: English language, reasoning, and quantitative aptitude.
· The main exam will also be an online examination with 200 multiple-choice questions.
· English, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, and Computer Knowledge are the five areas of this online test.
· Students who pass the Main Stage online test will be required to take a descriptive test (Letter writing & Essay).
· The candidate can give exams in English and Hindi for both tiers.
- Examination mode
Online (Descriptive Test of Main will be offline)
- Exam stages
3 (Prelims, Main and Interview)
- Questions Type
Objective (except descriptive paper of Main)
- Total number of questions
Prelims: 100 Main: 200
- Time Duration
For Prelims: 1 hour Main: 2 hours (additional 30 minutes for descriptive test
Indian Bank PO 2022 Syllabus
The Indian Bank PO 2022 syllabus will cover a wide range of topics. The most important exam topics are listed below.
Logical Reasoning, Seating Arrangement, Puzzles, Syllogism, Inequality, Input-Output, Data Sufficiency, Alphanumeric series, Blood Relations, Order and Ranking
Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Cloze Test, Spotting Errors, Para Jumbles
- Quantitative Aptitude
Data Interpretation, Number Series, Quadratic Equations, Average, Profit & Loss, Time & Work, Simple and Compound Interest, Probability, Ratio & Proportion
- General Awareness
Banking Awareness and Current Affairs topics, Static GK
- Computer Knowledge
MS Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Access, Internet, Fundamentals of Computer, Computer Shortcuts, Memory, Input-Output device
Indian Bank PO 2022 Result
The Indian Bank PO 2022 Prelims Result will announce within seven days of the exam’s completion. The candidates can get their results in scorecards on the official Indian Bank website. The scorecard provides candidates with the total normalized score and scores received in the various sections. Following these simple procedures will allow you to verify the results of the Indian Bank PO 2022 at all stages:
- Go to the Indian Bank’s official website.
- Select ‘Indian Bank PO 2022 Result’ from the drop-down menu.
- To view their results, applicants must provide their Registration/Roll Number.
- The scorecard will be displayed. Print it when you’ve downloaded it.
The final selection list includes the results of all three stages, Prelims and Mains (taken together) with an 80:20 weighting, whereas the interview with 20:80 weighting.
Indian Bank PO 2022 Selection Process
The Indian Bank PO 2022 is a three-tiered examination. To get hired, candidates must pass all the rounds.
- Preliminary examination: The Preliminary exam is the first level of the Bank PO examination. Applicants will be required to take a single-session computer-based objective-type test. The candidates who pass the sectional and overall cutoffs will advance to the next tier.
- Mains Exam: Candidates will be required to take an online objective test at this stage. Those who pass this test will be required to submit a descriptive paper that includes a letter and an essay. Selected candidates go for an interview round.
- Interview: This is the final step of the exam, in which candidates must stand in front of a panel and answer questions about themselves and other banking topics. The interview round evaluates on a scale of one to one hundred.
Participants will be admitted to the PGDBF course if they get a good rank in the final merit list after assessing their performance in each stage. They will be hired as POs in Indian Bank branches once they have completed this course.
Indian Bank PO FAQs
1. What is the purpose of conducting the Indian Bank PO exam?
A. The Indian Bank PO exam is a national-level recruiting exam held every year by the Indian Bank. This exam serves as a stepping stone for hopefuls interested in the Probationary Officer position given by the bank’s branches.
2. When will the Indian Bank PO 2022 Exam be conducted?
A. The Indian Bank PO 2022 Online Preliminary test is scheduled for October 2022, followed by the main exam in November 2022.
3. I am an Engineering student. Can I apply for the Indian Bank PO Exam?
A. Candidates with any bachelor’s degree can apply for the Indian Bank PO test.
4. When will the Indian Bank PO 2022 admit card be available?
A. The admit card for Indian Bank PO 2022 will be issued two weeks before the exam. Within the time limit, the call letters get downloaded. The candidates get the update via email and SMS when call letters are available on the official website.
5. If I get selected, am I supposed to do a course?
A. Before being hired as Probationary Officers, shortlisted candidates would complete a one-year PGDBF program at Indian Bank’s Manipal School of Banking (POs).
Candidates must begin their exam preparations as soon as possible to achieve a high score. To be selected, you must pass both tests, the interview, and have a high rank in the merit list. Candidates must also keep up with the newest Indian Bank PO news to be aware of impending announcements.