The winner of the IPL 2021 was Chennai Super Kings. Chennai Super Kings won their fourth IPL title with their triumph in IPL 2021. On 15 of October 2021, the IPL 2021 Final was contested between Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), with CSK winning by 27 runs. CSK (192/3) defeated KKR (165/9) by 27 runs in the final match, which was held in Dubai. In the IPL 2021, the Chennai Super Kings recovered their title by defeating the Kolkata Knight Riders.
CSK Journey in 2021
CSK purchased Test specialist Cheteshwar Pujara for a base price of Rs 50 lakh during the IPL 2021 auctions, while spent a record Rs 9.25 crore on Krishnappa Gowtham, becoming the spinner the most expensive uncapped Indian purchase ever. They also paid Rs 7 crore for Moeen Ali, an English all-rounder. CSK also brought in some uncapped Indian talent, such as Harishankar Reddy, Bhagath Varma, and Chezhian Harinishanth, at a basic price of Rs 20 lakh each. Robin Uthappa of the Rajasthan Royals was also moved to the Super Kings.
CSK lost against Delhi Capitals in the first match of the 2021 season. Following that, they went on a five-game winning streak before losing to the Mumbai Indians. The IPL has been postponed due to the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has seen an increase in COVID-19 positive cases in many team camps.
CSK had a four-match winning streak when the second leg of the IPL commenced in the UAE, ensuring their place in the playoffs. In the 2021 season, CSK was the first team to qualify for the playoffs. CSK finished the league stage by losing their final three games. CSK, on the other hand, managed to stay in the top two spots in the points table throughout the season. CSK defeated Delhi Capitals in Qualifier 1 to go to the finals for the 9th time in their history. CSK won their fourth IPL title with an all-round performance against KKR in the finals.
Details of the Match
CSK won their fourth IPL title after chasing 193 runs and scoring 165. Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis continued with their outstanding form after being called in to bat first, with the latter batting through the innings, making 86 runs off 59 balls. CSK reached 192 with two quickfire thirties from Robin Uthappa and Moeen Ali.
With Venkatesh Iyer’s blistering half-century, KKR got off to a flying start. The CSK bowlers then turned the game around. Josh Hazlewood took another wicket after Shardul Thakur took two wickets in an over. Ravindra Jadeja took two wickets for KKR’s middle order, extending their losing streak. KKR went from a 91/0 lead to a 125/8 deficit, and there was no way back for them.
|Dubai International Cricket Stadium|
|Toss||Kolkata Knight Riders, elected to field first|
|Series||Indian Premier League|
|Player Of The Match||Faf du Plessis|
|Player Of The Series||Harshal Patel|
|Series result||Chennai Super Kings won the Indian Premier League 2021|
|Hours of play (local time)||Start: 18.00, First Session: 18.00-19.30, Interval: 19.30-19.50, Second Session: 19.50-21.20|
|Match days||15 October 2021 – night (20-over match)|
|Umpires for the day||Nitin MenonRichard Illingworth|
|On-TV Umpire||Sundaram Ravi|
|Reserve Umpire||Virender Sharma|
|Match Referee||Javagal Srinath|
Summary of MATCH
Chennai Super Kings innings
- Overs 0.1 – 6.0 in Powerplay 1 (Mandatory – 50 runs, 0 wickets)
- Extras 2: The 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 37 balls, 5.6 overs (37 balls) Chennai Super Kings scored 50 runs in 5.6 overs (37 balls) Chennai Super Kings: 50 runs in 5.6 overs (37 balls) Chennai Super Kings: 50 runs in 37 balls Chennai Super Kings: (RD Gaikwad 26, F du Plessis 22)
- Chennai Super Kings are 61/0 in 8.0 overs and need a strategic timeout (RD Gaikwad 32, F du Plessis 27)
- F du Plessis: 50 points off 35 shots (5 x 4, 2 x 6)
- Extras 3; Chennai Super Kings: 100 runs in 11.3 overs (70 balls).
- 50 runs in 25 balls for the second wicket (F du Plessis 28, RV Uthappa 22, Ex 1)
- Chennai Super Kings are 124/2 in 13.3 overs after a strategic timeout (Faf du Plessis 57)
- Over 13.3: Review taken by Chennai Super Kings (Batting), Nitin Menon as umpire, RV Uthappa as batter (Struck down)
- Extras 5: The 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 29 balls, Chennai Super Kings: 150 runs in 16.6 overs (103 balls) (F du Plessis 23, MM Ali 27, Ex 2)
- Chennai Super Kings scored 192/3 in 20.0 overs at the end of the innings (MM Ali 37)
Kolkata Knight Riders innings
- Overs 0.1 – 6.0 in Powerplay 1 (Mandatory – 55 runs, 0 wickets)
- Extras 2: The 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 34 balls, Kolkata Knight Riders: 50 runs in 5.4 overs (34 balls), Kolkata Knight Riders: 50 runs in 34 balls, Kolkata Knight Riders: 50 runs in 34 balls, Kolkata Knight Riders: 50 runs in 34 balls, Kolkata Knight Riders (Shubman Gill 21, Venkatesh Iyer 30)
- Kolkata Knight Riders 59/0 in 7.0 overs (Strategic Timeout) (Shubman Gill 23, VR Iyer 34)
- VR Iyer has a score of 50 out of 31 balls (5 x 4, 3 x 6)
- Kolkata Knight Riders scored 100 runs in 12.2 overs (74 balls), with four extras.
- Shubman Gill has a score of 50 off 40 balls (6 x 4)
- Kolkata Knight Riders scored 120/6 in 15.0 overs (Strategic Timeout) (EJG Morgan 3)
- Kolkata Knight Riders scored 150 runs in 18.3 overs (112 balls) with 7 extras.
As the IPL season 2021 came to an end, there were plenty of prizes for the players that shone.
List Of All The Winner IPL 2021 of Titles
- Winners – Chennai Super Kings
- Runners Up – Kolkata Knight Riders
- Vivo Perfect Catch Of The Match IPL 2021 Final – Ravindra Jadeja
- Safari Super Striker Of The Match IPL 2021 Final – Robin Uthappa (31 runs off 15 balls at strike rate of 206)
- Dream 11 Game Changer Of The Match IPL 2021 Final – Faf du Plessis
- Unacademy Let’s Crack It Sixes Of The Match IPL 2021 Final – Venkatesh Iyer
- Cred Power Player Of The Match IPL 2021 Final – Venkatesh Iyer (50 off 32 balls)
- Upstox Most Valuable Asset Of The Match IPL 2021 Final – Faf du Plessis
- Man of the Match In The Final – Faf du Plessis (86 runs off 59 balls)
- Emerging Player Of The Season – Ruturaj Gaikwad (635 runs at an average of 45.35)
- Paytm Fairplay Award – Rajasthan Royals
- Vivo Perfect Catch Of The Season – Ravi Bishnoi
- Safari Super Striker Of The Season – Shimron Hetmyer (Season strike rate of 168)
- Dream 11 Game Changer Of The Season – Harshal Patel
- Unacademy Let’s Crack It Sixes Of The Season – KL Rahul (30 sixes)
- Cred Power Player Of The Season – Venkatesh Iyer (370 runs at an average of 41.11)
- Orange Cap – Ruturaj Gaikwad (635 runs at an average of 45.35 and a strike rate of 136. The CSK opener notched up four half-centuries and a century)
- Purple Cap – Harshal Patel ( 32 wickets at a bowling average of 14.34, including a five-wicket haul versus Mumbai)
- Upstox Most Valuable Player Of The Season – Harshal Patel
Complete IPL Winners List from 2008-2021
We created the following list after confirming the statistics from reliable sources in order to present our readers with reliable information. This list might help you learn more about sports in general. The IPL Winners List, Runners Up, Venue, Number of Teams, Player of the Match, and Player of the Series are all discussed in detail below.
|Year||Winner||Runner Up||Venue||Number of teams||Player of the Match|
|2021||Chennai Super Kings||Kolkata Knight Riders||Dubai||8||Faf du Plessis|
|2020||Mumbai Indians||Delhi Capitals||Dubai||8||Trent Boult|
|2019||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings||Hyderabad||8||Jasprit Bumrah|
|2018||Chennai Super Kings||Sunrisers Hyderabad||Mumbai||8||Shane Watson|
|2017||Mumbai Indians||Rising Pune Supergiants||Hyderabad||8||Krunal Pandya|
|2016||Sunrisers Hyderabad||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Bangalore||8||Ben Cutting|
|2015||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings||Kolkata||8||Rohit Sharma|
|2014||Kolkata Knight Riders||Kings XI Punjab||Bangalore||8||Manish Pandey|
|2013||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings||Kolkata||9||Kieron Pollard|
|2012||Kolkata Knight Riders||Chennai Super Kings||Chennai||9||Manvinder Bisla|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Chennai||10||Murali Vijay|
|2010||Chennai Super Kings||Mumbai Indians||Mumbai||8||Suresh Raina|
|2009||Deccan Chargers||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Johannesburg||8||Anil Kumble|
|2008||Rajasthan Royals||Chennai Super Kings||Mumbai||8||Yusuf Pathan|
IPL teams and their Captains:
|Mumbai Indians||Rohit Sharma|
|Chennai Super Kings||MS Dhoni|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||Virat Kohli|
|Delhi Capitals||Rishabh Pant|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||Eoin Morgan|
|Rajasthan Royals||Sanju Samson|
|Punjab Kings||KL Rahul|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||Kane Williamson|
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs):
Q. What team has the most IPL titles?
The Mumbai Indians have won the most IPL titles (5 times).
Q. Who is the winner of IPL in 2021?
Chennai Super Kings are the IPL 2021 champions.
Q. In the IPL, which cricketer has the fastest century?
Chris Gayle got the fastest century in IPL history.
Q. Which cricketer has the most IPL titles to his name?
Mumbai Indian’s Rohit Sharma holds the record for the most IPL titles won.
Q. In the IPL 2021, who took home the purple cap?
In the IPL 2021, Hershal Patel was awarded the purple hat.
Q. In the IPL 2021 finals, which team did CSK defeat?
In the finals of the IPL 2021, Chennai Super Kings defeated Kolkata Knight Riders.
That’s all we have for this post; stay tuned to Canbank for new exam announcements and updates.