The specialised officer position is offered in two rounds by the Punjab National Bank. To become a PNB SO in 2022, the candidate must pass both rounds.
- Written examination (objective type)
- Personal interview
|Name of organisation||Punjab national bank|
|Name of the posts||Specialist officer|
|Exam date||Updated soon|
PNB SO 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus is divided into four sections:
- English language
- Quantitative aptitude
- General Awareness
The syllabus details are given here,
PNB SO 2022 Syllabus: Reasoning
- Series Completion
- Verification of truth of the Statement
- Situation Reaction Test
- Direction Sense Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Alpha-Numeric Sequence Puzzle
- Puzzle Test
- Blood Relations
- Assertion and Reasoning
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Operations of Mathematics
- Venn Diagrams
- Word Sequence
- Missing Characters
- Sequential Output training
- Test on Alphabets
- Eligibility Test
- Dot Situation
- Identical figure groupings
- Forming figures and analysis
- Construction of Squares and Triangles
- Analytical Reasoning
- Paper Folding
- Paper Cutting
- Cubes and Dice
- Water Images
- Mirror Images
- Figure Matrix
- Completion Incomplete Pattern
- Spotting embedded figures
- Rules Detection
PNB SO 2022 Syllabus: English
- Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Antonyms and their correct usage
- Common Error
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
- Comprehension Passage
- Spot the Error
- Cloze Passage
- Fill in the Blanks
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Improvement of Sentences
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
PNB SO 2022 Syllabus: Quantitative Aptitude
- Time and Work Partnership
- Ratio and Proportion
- Boats and Streams
- Simple Interest
- Time and Distance
- Problems on Trains
- Races and Games
- Numbers and Ages
- Mixtures and Allegations
- Permutations and Combinations
- Problems on L.C.M and H.C.F
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Simple Equations
- Problems on Numbers
- Indices and Surds
- Compound Interest
- Odd Man Out
- Quadratic Equations
- Profit and Loss
- Simplification and Approximation
PNB SO 2022 Syllabus: General Awareness
- Sports & Culture
- Banking Sector
- General Science
- General Knowledge
- International news
- Indian Current Events
- Current affairs of National
- Important dates
- Current Science
PNB SO Exam pattern
The PNB SO Exam is a state-level examination. The Punjab National Bank administers an online written test. It contains objective-type questions on a variety of topics. The detailed exam pattern and syllabus are provided below for the students’ convenience. The pattern is divided into four sections:
- English language
- Quantitative aptitude
- Professional knowledge( related to post like Law, HR, Risk, Credit)
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Medium of the exam||Time given|
|Reasoning||50||50||English and Hindi||120 minutes|
|Quantitative aptitude||50||50||English and Hindi|
|Professional knowledge ( relevant to the post )||50||75||English and Hindi|
- The PNB SO exam will be administered in two languages: English and Hindi.
- In this exam, there will be negative markings. As a penalty, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect response.
The preparatory books are now accessible in two languages: English and Hindi. Here are a few excellent books that can be used while studying:
|Book Name||Author Name|
|A modern approach to verbal and non-verbal reasoning||R.S.Aggarwal|
|14 Kiran’s tricky approach to competitive reasoning verbal and non-verbal7000+ objective type question logical reasoning and analytical ability ( fully solved)||Kiran|
|Word power made it easy to book||Norman Lewis|
|Analytical reasoning||M K Pandey|
|Reasoning verbal, non-verbal, and analytical for competitive exams||Dipak Kumar Yugnirmal|
For the English language
|Name of the book||Author name|
|Descriptive General English||SP Bakshi and Richa Sharma|
|High school English grammar||Wren and Martin|
|Objective General English||R S Agarwal and Vikas Agarwal|
|Word power made easy||Norman Lewis|
For quantitative aptitude:
|Name of the book||Name of the author|
|Teach yourself quantitative aptitude||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative aptitude for all competitive exams||Abhijit Guha|
|How to prepare for quantitative aptitude||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative aptitude chapter wise solved||Arihant experts|
|Quantitative aptitude for competitive exams R S Agarwal 2017-2018||R S Agarwal|
|Shortcuts in quantitative aptitude with four ebooks for competitive exams||R S Agarwal|
For technical officers
|Name of the book||Name of the author|
|Bank credit officer||GKP|
These books are available for purchase through online retailers like Flipkart and Amazon.
PNB SO 2022 Preparation tips
Topic-based preparation is required. It is necessary to have a basic understanding of the themes. So, to cover all of the topics,
- Concentrate on reading comprehension, idioms, phrases, fill-in-the-blanks, grammar, antonyms, synonyms, vocabulary, and other related topics.
- Reading English every day would be highly beneficial.
- Additionally, writing aids in the development of easy-to-understand grammar and syntax.
- For example, if the candidate has good English skills, they can read newspapers every day and jot down new words. This can help to improve one’s vocabulary.
- Concentrate on syllogisms, coding and decoding, seating configurations, order and ranking, and puzzles.
- This section has numerous calculations and is relatively easy to score.
- Along with regular practice, make a list of the essential formulas and direct concepts you believe are vital and save them for future use.
- This is the most challenging portion of the paper. Averages, time and word, number series, data interpretation, distance and directions, quadratic equations, ratio, and proportion, and other topics are covered in this section.
- Candidates must perform calculations; therefore, when practising, strive to solve problems without using a calculator.
- The essential formulas and concepts must be grasped and remembered without mental alterations.
- The more they practise, the faster and more accurately they can solve problems.
- It will also be more beneficial to practise the formulas and concepts every day. Make a list of all the points that have immediate remedies and prepare each day.
Practising past papers can also be beneficial because, while the questions may not be the same, the principles will be comparable.
Other tips for the exam
- Candidates should keep up-to-date on any notifications that are issued.
- For the preparation, complete the entire curriculum. It will be very beneficial to prepare entirely to attend to all the questions under all concepts.
- While taking notes, follow the norms of language and prepare perfectly.
- Try employing new words that aren’t commonly used in everyday situations to expand your vocabulary.
- The most crucial mindset to develop is the confidence to pass the exam. Candidates with a good plan, notes, and preparation techniques can easily pass the exam without too much stress.
- Practising past papers can also be beneficial because, while the questions may not be the same, the principles will be comparable.
Q1. Is the exam only available in English?
No, there are two versions of the exam: English and Hindi.
Q2. Is it necessary for me to have a prior understanding of banking and marketing to pass the written exam?
Yes, there are a couple of questions about marketing and banking.
Q3. How many points do you get for an interview?
There will be a total of 35 points awarded for the interview. To advance to the next round, candidates must receive 40% of the total scores.
Q4. Who will be in charge of the PNB SO exam?
It is held once a year by the Punjab National Bank.
Q5. In the written exam, how many questions will be asked?
Around 200 questions will be asked in all.
Q6. Is it a state-level examination?
It’s not a local exam; it’s a national one.
Q7. Is there an age limit for taking the exam?
Yes, the age limit for management positions is 25 to 35 years old, and for senior management positions, it is 25 to 37 years old.
Here we discussed all you need to know before starting your preparation for the PNB SO exams from the exam pattern to the syllabus. We have also added some very useful preparation tips. All the best!